American Lighthouse Transportation values our drivers, who are the backbone of our business and have come to deliver the confidence our customers expect in their transportation provider. If you have machinery and over-dimensional hauling experience, we would like for you to consider our company. Our loads primarily originate around the Greater Cincinnati, OH area, but can come from anywhere in the continental United States. We work with our drivers to maximize their earning potential by specializing in machinery, over-dimensional and LTL freight. We have experienced dispatchers who will work with you personally on a daily basis to coordinate loads that work for you.
We have two company trucks and also lease owner-operators. Our philosophy is to maintain a base of trucks so that we can service our customers. By offering top-notch service to our customers, we are able to maintain a premium freight base which benefits both the customer and the driver.
- Drivers are paid on a weekly basis (each Friday)
- No sign-on fees
- Trailer rentals offered (call for further details)
- TCH Cards for fuel purchases and advances
- Fuel taxes processed by American Lighthouse Transportation on a quarterly basis
- EZ Pass, Norpass, Bestpass, Prepass Options
- We pay the cost of annual inspections (our company requires an annual inspection on a semi-annual basis to ensure safe operations and efficiency)
- 75% of line haul (80% of line haul on brokered loads)
- 100% accessorial pay (Tarp, FSC, etc.)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- $1,000 escrow account required (Deducted through installments until escrow amount is reached)
- We will assist you securing your physical damage insurance.
- We cover the cargo and liability insurance at no expense to the driver. In the event of a cargo or liability claim, the driver is responsible for the deductable.
- Drivers must maintain or waive workers’ compensation coverage, required by the state of Kentucky. We can assist with this process to ensure compliance and coverage.
- If you are looking for medical, dental, life insurance benefits, we have a representative available to assist you on these issues and help you select a plan that is right for you.
- At least 25 years old
- Good driving record
- 2 years of recent and verifiable Class A CDL experience
- 1 year machinery and over-dimensional hauling experience
- No felony convictions in the last 10 years
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Current D.O.T. long form physical and card
- Willing to run 48 states
- Understanding of the current driving hours and regulations
- Ability to read and write and speak English
- Experience completing Driver’s Daily Logs
- Tanker endorsement preferred (for hauling empty steel tanks ** required by certain states)
- 2004 or newer tractor
- Clean equipment able to pass a thorough D.O.T. inspection
- D.O.T. required safety equipment
- 48’or greater air ride flatbed or step deck
- Trailer rentals available (call for details)
Securement Requirements (minimum):
- A minimum 4 Tarps – 2 lumber Tarps (24’X24’) and 2 steel Tarps (20’X20’). Tarps must be clean and free of holes and rips
- We can assist drivers with getting tarps repaired and set up a repayment plan through weekly settlements.
- 10 Chains
- 10 Binders
- 5 – 2” Straps, 30’ long (free of tears)
- 12 – 4” Straps, 30’ long (free of tears)
- 6 Coil Racks
- 6 Pieces Beveled Wood
Plates and State Permits (Tractor):
- Kentucky base plate. Driver will need to provide miles traveled per state from the previous year. Payment options available. Call recruiting department for estimated cost of plates and further details and requirements.
- Base plates must include all 48 states
- Proof of payment of Federal Highway Use Tax required to obtain license plate.
- Proof of ownership required (title, registration)
- Cell phone (cell phone camera preferred)
Minimum Requirements for Permits and Licensing:
- Truck title
- Trailer title (if not renting)
- Copy of the 2290 marked paid
- Certified empty weight ticket
Other Forms Needed:
- Truck registration
- Trailer registration
- Articles of Incorporation (if incorporated)
- Executed lease agreement
- Original title(s)
Applications & DownloadsApply Online or Download: Application.PDF (222kb)
Application for Employment Commercial Drivers or
Download: Application for Employment Commercial Drivers.PDF (223 kb)
Request and Consent for Information from Previous Employer or
Download: Request and Consent for Information from Previous Employer.PDF (225 kb)
Drug & Alcohol Testing Program